Supercharged MGs?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Supercharged MGs?
From: felixksw@leland.Stanford.EDU (Felix)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 23:06:43 -0800
Hello all!

Someone from Australia asked me about (factory) supercharged MGs,
and I, needless to say, was completely dumbfounded!  Were any
supercharged MGs even imported to the U.S.?  (From what I've heard
from this Aussie, there are supercharged MGs in Australia!)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that there have been
hatchback MGs manufactured during the 1980's, though they weren't
imported here.  I think these (one of which was called the Metro?)
might have been supercharged or turbocharged.  Anyway, if anyone has
any information on supercharged MGs (including the size of their
engines, hp, carbs, etc.), let us know!

-Felix