Re: Get a new car

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Subject: Re: Get a new car
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 13:30:55 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 15 Feb 1994, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Hmm Maybe I should start collecting big Healey parts

That reminds me, TeriAnn.  Whatever happened to the $600 big Healey that
you were searching for in the area where earthquakes had scrambled the
addresses?

Maybe the ad was put up as a practical joke to plague the neighbors--sort
of the british car buff's equivalent of ordering a dozen pizzas delivered
to someone.

Speaking of not being nice to others, it is not kind for California types
to talk about the misty mornings and driving roadsters to work.  I went to
my rented garage recently, shoveled out the door, and spread moth balls to
ward away mousies.  As I did it, I wondered whether the mothballs would
actually give off any fumes at -12F.  Oh well, no mousies are gonna try
and move at -12F anyhow.  I walked around my bugeye.  I didn't dare sit in
it, though; at these temperatures the upholstery is brittle.

Ray Gibbons

P.S.  When the "big one" makes CA fall into the sea, it would be a
terrible shame to lose huge numbers of rust-free lbc's.  For sizable fees,
I will house and periodically exercise suitable prime lbc's here in the
east, saving them from certain destruction.  I might even take on the odd
Ferrari or Lambo.