Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> Re: more misfiring

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> Re: more misfiring
From: malcolm956@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 20:55:20 EST
>> The original HiPo engine in my Cobra didn't have a vacuum advance

All of this reminds me of the VW repair book for the complete idiot (The best
car repair manual EVER written).  The author claimed that he didn't like
vacuum advance because the principle was wrong.  He strongly advocated
disconnecting the vacuum advance and substituting an old VW centrifigual
distributer.
Per: Certifiable Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
>>Tisk Tisk, you should know better than that! From '59-'64 Minis were
>>'DRY'. From '64 to '69 they were 'WET' and, except for ....
Actually what happened is that I got marrie
d in '63 and lost interest in either WET or DRY hydrolastic suspensions for a
long time.  The MMM that I courted my wife in was eventually replaced
sequentially by the following:  544 V*LV*, 122S V*LV*, 96 S**b, 95 S**b,
Plymouth Wagon, VW Camper, VW Thing [very little suspension, sort of reminded
me of the TD that preceded the MMM], Ford wagon, Ford Wagon, diesel Escort
(yes they did make them), Olds
mobile, '65 Series IIa Land Rover [no suspension readily apparent].  (Try to
guess which cars in that list were mine and which were my wife's.)  Just to
suggest what an old fart I really am, I quit selling lbc's before
introduction of the B.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have and interesting
car than a good one any time.
Hi Marcel! Yes I am.