Re: MGB Fan/Radiator Disagreement

To: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Subject: Re: MGB Fan/Radiator Disagreement
From: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 12:36 MDT
< I've had my B since 1986 (since I was 16!).  I've never had any trouble
< with fan strikes.  Is this commmon among B's?  Anyone else have this
< problem?  I guess the fan flexes more with age, or maybe it wasn't designed
< to be reved up to 5500 all the time.

I don't know about 75 cars, but earlier Bs had two steady rods between
the fender mounting bolts and the top bolt of the radiator. This is
important to stabilize the radiator and surround. I found this out in 1976
after hitting a large pothole.

John Sanders