Rebuilding HS2 carbs. Any advice?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding HS2 carbs. Any advice?
From: pat@sbctri.sbc.com (Pat Niemeyer)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 09:47:56 -0500 (CDT)
I'm half way through rebuilding my '66 Spit's HS2 carbs.

I ordered two rebuild kits from an import car dealer around here and
have pretty successfully broken down one of the carbs, soaked it in carb
cleaner, and reassembled it with the new parts...

My main fear now is that I'll never get the carbs back on the car with the
linkage properly...  or get them tuned together.

How difficult is this really?
I have the Haynes "SU carburetors" book...  It has been fairly helpful.

I guess I'm just fishing for advice, warnings, etc...

Thanks,
Pat