Philadelphia Historic Grand Prix

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Philadelphia Historic Grand Prix
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 10:02:12 -0500

        SOL Brothers & Sisters,

        I just wanted to let you know about the Vintage race in
        Philadelphia in October. These races will be held in Fair-
        mount park on October 8-9, 1994. The sanctioning body is
        thhe VSCCA and the newest car (if the same rules pply as
        last year) will be 1960. This means you will see a lot of
        older cars than what usually appear at vintage races. This
        is a great event if you like Pre War stuff like Bentleys
        and Morgans, Alfas, BMWs, etc. There is also a great col-
        lection of Post-war 40's, 50's cars too. The concours is to
        die for, and just the parking lot will blow you away (I saw
        a Cunningham C4R there last year)! There is a special race
        for Brass Era cars as this race comemorates four years of
        open road racing in the park just before WWI.

        I grew up near Philly, and went to school there. Every time
        I rode through the park I thought it would be a great place
        to race. I never knew that they HAD raced in the park at one
        time. I recommend this event very highly.

                                Gregory Petrolati

        PS. Lew, I won't be able to get to the Quad Cities event this
                weekend. I will be at Des Plaines in Sept. See you
                there?

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."