TR4 Lower A-arms

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Lower A-arms
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 16:08:25 -0500

        Gentle SOLs
        I will be removing the GREEN MAN from the road this fall to
        rebuild the engine. While I've got the wee beastie off the
        road I figure that it will be an excellent time to deal with
        those pesky lower A-arms. When I first rebuilt the car I
        noticed that there was a certain amount of wear  on the big
        ends. I understand that this is a common problem with an older
        TR at the time I could not find replacements for them  so with
        advice from my neighbor (an custom AG equipment builder) I shimmed
        them and replaced them in the car. This bodge has held up just
        fine. I have no handling problems nor do my tires wear funny.
        I would like to replace them, though. If anyone has a set of
        early lower A-arms out thaere that are in decent shape (I mean
        the holes in the large ends are circular and not "egg shape")
        would you be willing to part with them? This TR4 is an early
        model with Upper A-arms similar to the TR3A.

        The alternative is to have my present units "flare welded" (I
        think that's the term for it and then machined to the proper
        size.

        Please contact me at my listed domain... and Thanks

                                                Greg Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."