Stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stereotypes
From: Mark Clark <markc@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 09:24:03 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I may be male and somewhat macho (at least my wife complains that
I am), but I'm certainly not middle-aged, and I am definitly _not_ an
anglophile!  Leaving aside the horrors of British cooking (most of which
seems to be the result of "I dare you to eat this" contests), British
weather (truth in labeling should require that sunroofs in that country
be refered to as cloudroofs), and a class system that makes my democratic
hackles rise just thinking about, the pain I've experienced dealing with
British "engineering" will ensure I never look on that country over the
pond with favor.  My theory is that British engineers wore themselves out
during the first industrial revolution figuring out steam power and iron
making, so that when they got to the second industrial revolution, they
just didn't have the energy to switch over to electricity and aluminum.
Frankly, if it wasn't for LBCs and English beer, I'd spend all my time in
Germany.  Now there's a country that knows how to build cars!

Mark "Waiting for the BMW Roadster and Lots of Flames" Clark

1963 TR-4 "The Tiggermobile"
1962 VW Type 1 "The Reliable One"