Slightly used engineering student looking for good home...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Slightly used engineering student looking for good home...
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 15:20:50 -0500 (CDT)
Here it is, my last year of (undergrad) school, and I don't know if I
can make it.  (But I do know that the Scions will say 'stay with it' etc,
and are a great bunch of folks)  The head of my department says that my
summer research was pointless, because you can go buy a (data acquisition)
card already made, even though what I've been working on isn't just a DAQ
card...oh well.

I'm sick of it!  The only thing that I really want to do is work on/with
sports cars.  I'd love to race.  I feel like I am about as far away from
anything racing/Brit car related as possible, both in time and space.
I guess it's just the usual case of too many dreams not enough contacts/
money/influence.  Or whatever.  My plans have been to go to grad school,
then whatever.  If only I had Scott Fisher's talent to express my love
of these old cars...

Our stable's ok.  Little Biscuit (79 Midget) has new rear lights, and
(wow!) all the electrical's work.  The 68 racer wannabe is progressing,
yet slowly.  I had to convince myself that not too many people were
going to see the engine bay, and not to worry about imperfections in the
paint.  Streetcar (75 MGB) is waiting on parts.  Silly me let the points
get a few miles too many on them, and she decided it was time for some
attention.  Sometimes I go out into the backyard and stare at the 68
and the other 75 B and just get lost.

apologies for such ramblings, but ya know sometimes you've just gotta
tell someone....

'and the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart...
 ...sing blue silver'

Keith Wheeler