Re: Oil Pressure low -JT Rindle

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure low -JT Rindle
From: The Law Book Store <thelaw@aloha.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 09:21:36 -1000 (HST)
I've owned British cars on and off for years. They have an annoying habit
(even when they have oil in the sump) of dropping pressure when warm.
I've tried all kinds of additives and had none to disasterous results.

                        THIS WORKS!!!!

Drop your oil pan and clean it out! Blow your oil cooler out! Replace
the  oil filter and replace the oil with *SYNTHETIC* 20w40 or whatever
you normally do. You should pick up 200 rpm at idle! The pressure stays
up at idle when warm. *NOTE THIS IS IMPORTANT* After 500 miles and every
2000 miles instead of changing the oil
just replace the filter and top it off. Change the oil completely every
12000 miles.

Synthetic oils don't break down and don't absorb petrolium byproducts in
the sump. I also recommend synthetic in the transmission and differential.

If it matters I own 3 TR250's (one for sale)(one named Nigel Wrench
for the special tools I've had to make), one AH MarkIII and a TR4A. Oh
yeah my wife hates them all!

Sometime when I've nothing important to do (like repair my cars) I'll tell
you all of the continuing Saga of Nigel and Godzilla!

    Paul Swengler                        Providing Hawaii's Legal Community
    The Law Book Store              with quality legal materials since 1990
    Voice: 808-422-6322         New & Used Books, Anatomical Models, CD-Rom