The Snake and snake-oiled springs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The Snake and snake-oiled springs
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 13:22:19 -0500 (CDT)
Looking at the July/August issue of Grassroots Motorsports, where
(with unfortunately no reason given) they say "Oiling or applying
anti-seize to the springs is a bad idea."  This was in regards to a
fellow with a '76 Spit.

Roland's snake:  how it makes my heart feel so good to know that
at least one Cobra isn't perfectly restored, living the rest of its
life unused and not worked on, a trophy for some bozo in his
bazillion dollar garage.  If the windscreen isn't cracked all that
bad, maybe you ought not replace it...

I think that first a sports car should run and be driven long
before new paint/carpet and so forth.  I remember something
Peter Egan said in some article, a phrase about some kid in a
clapped out old sports car.  My B doesn't look like much, the
only piece of carpet left in it is the transmission tunnel cover.
The door panels and rear bulkhead are all that's left of the upholstry.
Needs paint.  The dash, of course, died before I was old enough to drive.
But, she does have new suspension, a rebuilt engine, and runs better
than a lot of 'restored' cars I've seen.

-Keith