SPRIDGET TONNEAU FOR SALE

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SPRIDGET TONNEAU FOR SALE
From: john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com
Date: Friday, 28 October 1994 11:03 PT
I have what I believe is a late model MIDGET/SPRITE tonneau cover
for sale.

My son who has been driving a 1971 MGB for just about a year
wanted to buy a tonneau for the longest time.  I gave him the 71B
which came with a "SNUGTOP" hardtop. It had no soft roof or tonneau,
so he was leaving the car open always,as he took the hardtop off
and stored it in the yard.  Finally, one day he came home with
this tonneau which he got from a friends mother who's husband had
owned an MG. Well to cut a long story short, he bought this
without checking to see if it was the correct one (It was for a
little MG convertable, right!) I guess by USA standards a "B" was
a little car and the now single parent,did not know the difference
between a B and a MIDGET.
So to try to recover some money for him I figured there may be a
SOLer out there that could be interested in this tonneau.
I am not 100% sure this is for a SPRIDGET but it looks like it
would fit. Since my son was told it came from an MG it most likely
was a MIDGET.  The dimensions are as follows; L=49" W=52" it has
7 button snaps across the back and 6 (3 on each rear edge) of a lock
type snap, the type that you pull up on a stud to release. It has
an 8 inch zipper on each side, just ahead of the locking snaps.
It has the snap at the front on the passenger side and has the
head rest pockets. It is in excellent shape, on a scale of 10 for a
new one,this would be a 7 and has lots of service left in it. It is
BLACK fairly heavy vinyl, the same fabrick as the tonneau I recently
purchsed from MOSS for my MGB.  Any takers? $40 and we can negotiate
shipping, provided it is not overseas!
Happy SOL'ing.
            John Bartholomew  AMDAHL SAN JOSE CA.
         Opinions are my own, they can change too!
        78 MGB, restoring 76 MGB, 72 MGB daily transport.
408-944-3592 (07:00-16:00 PDT)  via internet   jdb70@amail.amdahl.com