Repair Nazis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Repair Nazis
From: Bwfox@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 11:00:29 -0500
The thread on working on ones car in the driveway reminded me of a much worse
case.

This occured in some snooty Detroit suburb (Grosse Point?).  A long time
resident of
this neighborhood decided he needed/wanted a pick-up truck.  Went out, bought
a new
Ford/Chevy/Dodge and parked it in front of his house.  In ten minutes the
"neighborhood
association" were there telling him it was "illegal" for a resident to park
any sort of
commercial vehicle in their own yard.  If he wanted to keep it, he had to
park it some
where else, not even inside his garge was allowed!   A review of the
documents he
signed when buying the property verified this.

Oblig BC stuff:
Anyone ever do any work on a Jaeger TR speedo?  The needle on mine will not
return
to zero at rest and moves sluggishly when it does move.  If I disconnect the
cable, the
needle falls back to zero fine.  I have removed the unit from the dash,
opened it and
looked about, all seems to work fine.  The ododmeter/trip meter both work OK.
 Any
suggestions?

Cheers,
Barry W. Fox       Bwfox@aol.com        65 TR4A  CT51581L