Re: Cars from a land down under

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars from a land down under
From: pzh@gwd.dsto.gov.au (Paul Heuer)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 08:48:36 --9-30
Steve Oertwig writes:
> Just received a couple magazines from the lands down under -- very interesting
> New Zealand Classic Car had many great things in it, but of interest to me is
> 1974 Triumph Estate 2.5 P.I. with overdrive for the low, low price of $2,250.
> Now, the $100 question, New Zealand, is would Uncle Sam let me bring it in.
> Does anyone have the info on this "one life, one car" import rule.  Does this
> apply only to pre-1966 cars?
> The other mag was Unique Cars from Australia.  It is a one-inch think slick
> four colour rag.  Seems custom plates are the rage there.  A plate that said
> "We Care" was listed for $25,000.  Oh, but many, many nice BCs.

Steve, tell your countrymen about the prices of other brit cars over here.
TR-6s in anything like reasonable nick sell for A$10K-15K (A$1 ~= US$1.30),
and the cars at the A$10K end are usually imported here from the states anyway!

A frustrated, would-be TR-6 owner....

Paul Heuer.
Paul.Heuer@defence.dsto.gov.au