Triumph Steering (and oil absorbing mats)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars list)
Subject: Triumph Steering (and oil absorbing mats)
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 12:50:20 +0000 (GMT)
hi

George Haynes asked about changing the rubber blocks in the steering
column of his '4A to a '6 setup. My TR4 has one rubber block & one
TR6 universal joint (I think ...). Seems to work fine for me. This set-up
still retains a degree of flexibility but is a bit more positive than
the original. Or so I was told.

Similarly, I understand that changing the rack mounting bushes for the steel
TR4 u-bolt varient is also a worthwhile mod. I believe Moss has a kit for this.

Meanwhile, on the subject of special oil absorbing mats which was
discussed here recently, I'm still after the address (or actual phone
number) of the US supplier - its was 1-800-HOT-HOGS/H0T-H0GS or something
& my phone is not marked with the abc/def/ghi numerics on it!

Regards, Adrian
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk