Jaguar XJS reliable?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jaguar XJS reliable?
From: ldauksa@on.bell.ca (Linas Dauksa)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 21:33:11 -0500 (EST)
Hi:
I have been receiving information from this list for a little over a month.
Lots of good information, but the information that I was hoping to see
has not come up.  I am sure this topic has been discussed before -
but I cannot wait to see it come up again - my incoming mail is
overwhelmed with all the mail I am getting from this group (a testimonial
to the success, but I can't keep up).

The question:
Is a Jaguar XJS reliable?  In Canada, new they sell new for about $70,000.
A five to seven year old sells for $10-$20,000.  Thats quite a difference.
I don't see this happen with Porsches.
Is this because they get very expensive to maintain?  Should I look at the
6 cylinder sedan instead?
I am looking for a reliable daily driver.  Anything especially to look
for when purchasing a used Jag?

Thanks for any info,
Linas

ldauksa@on.bell.ca