trimmers & dynamos

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars list)
Subject: trimmers & dynamos
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 13:23:30 +0000 (GMT)
Hi

I'd like to recommend these guys, can they be added to our ftp list? Note
that they are not suppliers, just craftsmen.

Southbound Motor Trimming
Stockbridge
Hampshire
England,UK
0264-810080 [ Dave Nunn ]

Its only a small workshop but they did an excellent job of fitting
my NOS tonneau cover on my TR4. This involved cutting out slots for the roll
bar & sealing this with a velcro backed flap. Great work & very reasonable
rates.

The only snag is that I was so pleased with the result & drove off with
my new tonneau installed, that I accidently left the existing top in the
workshop!

Scions may be interested to note that this months (feb) issue of Classic Cars
features the TR2->3A. A nice introductory article, if rather short. Also on
page 113
is the famous Brockbank cartoon of the tramp riding in the mouth of a TR2 ...

Finally: dynamos/generators. There has been some discussion in TRaction
(the UK Triumph Register magazine) on replacing dynamos with alternators.
Its a bit tight in a TR4, but can be done. However, I wondered if there
are any "high output" Lucas dynamos that would fit a TR2->4A? My own unit
produces enough current to charge the battery during daylight, but with
the lights on, it merely prevents the battery discharging. Its in reasonable
shape. Any thoughts?

Regards, Adrian & TR4
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk