Re: STILL Spit Troubles...

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil, british-cars@autox.team.net, tomstory@slip.net,
Subject: Re: STILL Spit Troubles...
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 11:11:17 -0600
> > > Thanks so much to everyone who replied about my Spit starting troubles.
> > > I've set the distributorto fire on No 1. cylinder...still not starting. I
> > > tried switching the plug wires around, nothing. The engine turns over very
> > > fast, it's not sluggish at all
> >   ^^^^
> >
> > An engine turning over REAL fast usually signifies no spark...
> >-- End of excerpt from Marcus Tooze
>

> Actually, an engine turning over REAL fast usually signifies no compression.
> I don't recall if Tom ever said that he checked the compression, what he
> did say was: "I know (think?) this has something to do with my problems,
> as the engine has good compression, fuel(?) and air, and the sparks plugs
> are sparking."

I disagree here. Try taking your rotor off then turn the engine over.....it
will turn over very fast. Why? I don't know. I just know from experience that
a the engine turn over faster without a spark. Of course, it could be VERY bad
compression....to the effect that all of your rings and/or valves had
disentergrated....

Marcus