Vinyl paint

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Vinyl paint
From: Andrews Peter F <andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 09:33:02 EST
I love this list!  Roland Dudley was nice enough to send me a copy of the
Bugeye restoration article in the December issue of  "Classic Auto
Restorer".  (Thanks, Roland!)  It had some specific information on the
cleaning up of the cockpit trim rails.  I'll try it this weekend.

The author also mentioned the use of "Plasti-kote Ultra Vinyl Spray" on
some interior panels.  I had bought some of this earlier at Wal-Mart, of
all places, for $2.96 or something and I have to agree it works well.
The inner door lining of the Bugeye is a ribbed rubber material - I have
a tatty but complete original red lining so I found a close match at
OfficeMax in the form of black floor runner material and cut out my own.
I haven't painted the large pieces yet but the test pieces are nothing
short of incredible.  The color is a dead ringer for the darkish red
interior (just lucky) and you can fold, bend, scrape, mutilate the rubber
and it still looks like it was molded red.

    I got the parking brake assembly all put together last night.  I
discovered that it is possible to put the rear brakes together with the
cylinders in backwards so I had to undo that but it was really gratifying
to pull on the lever (click,click,click) and actually have the brakes
work!  A small victory on a long journey...

Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591