Facet Fuel Pumps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Facet Fuel Pumps
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
With the gas tank installed I can now get on with the task of figuring
out where to install the electric pump and how to route the fuel line.
But I have to decide on a pump first.  Actually I've got it narrowed
down to either a Facet solid state or a Facet Interrupter type pump.
Both have the same basic specs- 30GPH at 4 to 6 PSI max.  I like the
idea of the solid state pump- smaller, quieter(?), but what bothers me
about it is the price.  No, it's not too expensive, it's too cheap- less
than $30.  Makes me kinda suspicious.  The Interrupter pump runs about
twice that amount.  I'm hoping some of you out there have had experience
with these pumps and can tell me the advantage of the Interrupter type
over the solid state.

I bought some el cheapo drip irrigation line so I can do a dummy route
to get an idea of how much of the expensive line and the number of
fittings I'll need, but I can't do this properly without a mounted pump.

Thanks,

Roland