Whacky turn signal indicator ???

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Whacky turn signal indicator ???
From: "Don Mathis" <don1@mailstart.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:38:58 -0800
I put in a new turnsignal flasher in my MGA since the old one
seemed intermittant. (no pun intended..)  This is the silver
can with the 3 tabs marked P,X, and L.  P is a light green wire
going to the pilot flash indicator on the dash, L is the load,
and X is power.  I tried 3 Trinton, and one other brand.  All
of them seem to have a short between X and P with the result
that there is 12 volts on P when the flasher is off and the indicator
light is on.  The flasher works great but the indicator is 180
degrees out of phase and remains on when the turn signals go
off.  The old flasher worked other than the flashing not being
regular,  Any suggestions ???

Thanks,
Don Mathis
Atlanta Georgia