3500cc v8

To: buick-rover <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 3500cc v8
From: Roy Sinclair <badger.s@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 22:38:30 +1200
Yes here in New Zealand  the v8 is known as the 3500cc and  we
understand that it was designed by BMW in 1995 for Buick who had
problems with casting aluminium and Rover with there expertise took the
challenge to make it. I may be wrong but it can be the basis of a good
discussion. The auto box's used were GM and Borg Warner, the GM box was
of French origin and the performance of both box's are totally different
. Well I hate to upset the American belief that the v8 is American  but
irrespective of who designed it is a great motor.
                                                       Roy,     Otago
Rover Car Club, Dunedin N.Z.