Re: 3500cc v8

To: Glen Wilson <GlenWilson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 3500cc v8
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 20:51:57 -0400
  As a further comment, The automatic trans you found on any  1995 Rover
would have been made by Borg Warner of Europe. They made the tranny for
the original P-6 Rover automatic as well. I am not aware of any French
trannies being fitted, but anything is possible.

The auto used in the 1961-63 ORIGINAL U.S. version was dependant upon
the car's make. Buick used the "Dual Path" manufantured by Borg Warrner,
U.S., & most of the G.M. tranies both manual & automatic were/are Borg
Warner(U.S.).

Note that I have put over 170,000 miles on a 1963 Buick since its
rebuild, hard miles on a 10.75:1 engine, & find nothing weak about it.
Never a sleeve shift as on the early Rover engines. As stated
previously, over the years, Rover has continued to develop this engine
to a very high level. I just purchased a 1995 4.2L, & the block is
awsome. The heads, however, are little improved from the original Buick.

Just my opinion/experience, yours may vary.

Jim Stuart