Intake Manifolds

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intake Manifolds
From: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:55:39 -0600
I finally heard from the Wilpower guys in Australia
about their Buick/Rover single plane intake manifold
and am interested in purchasing one.  I also know
another individual who wants one.  Is anyone else
interested? If so, we may be able to get a group
discount on top of the favorable Australian exchange
rates.

The intake is similar to a Huffaker or Harcourt
single plane.  There is no carb heat but there is
a thermostat housing so you don't have to run a
remote thermostat housing and lines like the
Huffaker.  It appears to be no higher than a Huffaker
so it should fit under the hood of a TR8.  The ports
are matched to the intake manifold gasket so they
should mate up to 215/Rover heads better than the
Huffaker.  The manufacturer claims dyno tests to
prove it outflows the Huffaker but they all say
that.  I have a jpeg of the intake I can forward
to interested individuals.

In other intake news, I picked up a nice vintage
Edelbrock 215 intake.  It's a 2x2 barrel dual
plane that mounts two Rochester 2GC carbs.  This
was the intake that was used in most of the early
sixties magazine dyno tests.  I have one Buick 215
and one Buick 300 Rochester carb but I'll need to
find another of each.  Anyone have an old 215 or
300 Rochester 2GC 2 barrel carb lying around that
they'd let go of?  I've managed to come up with a
range of Rochester jets but most of them are pairs
and I'm going to need to get 4 of each size for
tuning purposes.  Also, it appears there are three
different jet styles for a given 2GC jet size and
all of the flow differently, so it looks like I'm
going to have go back through the jets again.

Thanks Much,
Dan Jones