Info needed: Thermostat Housing Problem

To: "Buick-Rover-V8 Mail List" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Info needed: Thermostat Housing Problem
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:12:13 +1200
My Rover 3.5 engine uses an Edelbrock Performer inlet manifold. The
curve of the bonnet (hood) means that with the standard Rover themostat
housing (ex P6B) the hose is directed upward at such an angle that the
bonnet can't be closed. Today i found a housing for a Ford 351(?),
partcode# EOSE-8592-AA, which almost bolts on but without major surgery
that won't happen. It would allow the radiator hose to lie in a curve
round the distributor with heaps of room to close the boonet. I'm
wondering if perhaps the housing used on an MG V8 is at all different to
the P6B unit since the MG has a similar low bonnet line like my project.

At this stage though i might have to have my own one (or two) cast. Any
info appreciated.