Re: OIL LEAK

To: Gregory Williams <gwilliams@servicesoft.com>,
Subject: Re: OIL LEAK
From: Mike Shaddick <mikshdik@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:06:43 +1000
At 1:06 PM -0400 8/16/00, Gregory Williams wrote:
> Subject:
>      OIL LEAK - REAR CRANK SEAL, drip drip
> Date:
>      08/14/2000
> Author:
>      Bryan Daley <bryan.daley@nz.logical.com>

Perhaps someone has been down this road before.  The P5B restoration
project that I have, consumes (leaks) vast amounts of engine oil.  This is
not a standard leak.  The car will stand there the whole day withour losing
a drop.  But start the engine and it's one full sump for every tank of
petrol (gas).  Flame traps are clear, so it is pumping out from somewhere
else.  Any thoughts before I get down and dirty (lit)?

Thanks  Mike

P6BS  (4 speed manual) and P5B Coupé