Re: Loose plugs ...

To: "Joe Worsley" <worsley@yadtel.net>, <NOBLIOUS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Loose plugs ...
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:50:53 +1000
I'll agree with Joe.  For over 30 years (well since 1966 when I got my first
Jaguar, continuing from 1971 when I got an alloy head Hillman (we still have
it) and now with the Range Rover, I've only ever used a general purpose
grease on the plug threads with no problems with seizing.

However, I read a while back that one should use anti-seize compound on the
plugs.  So I did - I had some Permatex aluminium anti-seize in the garage.

Big mistake!  The next time I went to pull the plugs in the Rangie, I really
thought I was going to strip the threads in the head.   It obviously wasn't
suited to the application.  I've gone back to grease and the plugs don't
seize.

Ron Beckett