Who owns the Rover/Buick V8?

To: Rover V8 list <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who owns the Rover/Buick V8?
From: Kevin Burtch <efitr8@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:08:04 -0500 (EST)
(resend)

Something just occurred to me... it just struck me as funny, but
I'm sure many of you have probably already thought of it.

I just read an article about the new Range Rover, and how it now
has a BMW engine... as predicted when BMW first bought Rover.

Now (if I understand correctly) Ford owns Rover (or at least the
Land Rover/Range Rover part)... so does that mean that Ford now
owns the Buick/Rover V8 design?

It _is_ out of production now, isn't it?
I know that TVR have been making their own engines for a while,
and I think I read that Morgan was switching to the beemer V8
as well. Anyone else SOL?

Heh, Ford owns Buick... that'd be a funny headline!

Later,
Kevin (who's tired and probably not making much sense)