Re: Who owns the Rover/Buick V8?

To: efitr8@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Who owns the Rover/Buick V8?
From: StagbyTriumph@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:35:06 EST
In a message dated 3/18/02 12:14:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
efitr8@yahoo.com writes:

> I just read an article about the new Range Rover, and how it now
> has a BMW engine... as predicted when BMW first bought Rover.
>
> Now (if I understand correctly) Ford owns Rover

I think this is all a cleaver ploy for Ford to eventually buy up BMW, which
they have been trying to do for many years.
       Interesting about the ownership of the engine though, but remember
that Rover "bought" the design from GM over 30 years ago, so technically the
"Buick" engine then changed to Rover who has since went through a long series
of improvements on their own.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
President, Triumph Stag Club USA