RE: Disk brakes a 1500?

To: Datsun Roadster Club <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Disk brakes a 1500?
From: "HUBBARD, Charles E." <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:51:17 -0600
Patrick,

The brakes have always sucked on the 1500. I thinks disks are the best
solution.  I'm not sure if later models are interchangeable. The master
Cylinder on the 1500 is just too small.  I managed to get mine to the point
of not having to double pump them by replacing all of the cylinders and
making sure that they were properly adjusted.  Even then the peddle has a
lot of travel. I also plan to replace the flexible brake lines with
aircraft/racing grade braided steel covered lines.  This will give a stiffer
peddle with less travel.  Otherwise, a disk brake solution is the way to go.

Charlie Hubbard
64 1500