Re: Disk brakes a 1500?

To: "Tony Genovese" <chaztg@earthlink.net>, "shifty" <shifty@well.com>
Subject: Re: Disk brakes a 1500?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:57:04 -0600
>the RL411 SSS was available in the US, quite a few thousand were
>produced. My friend has one that he might be parting out soon, because
>on the whole, the car is one headache after another...it had a hard
>life.
>But the brakes are simple and it uses the same shoe set up in the rear
>as most roadsters and has the 13" disc brake set up in the front
>sharing the same parts as a stock 510.

If I'm not mistaken the RL411 SSS (predecessor to the 510 here in the
States) used the same twin SU/R-16 motor as the 1600 SPL roadsters, so it
could be donor for much more than just the front disk setup.

It's been years since I've seen one around here, though.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)