Re: new to list-looking at a roadster to buy this week

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new to list-looking at a roadster to buy this week
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 10:21:22 -0800
Well,
        Sounds like a good deal, if it's not a total rustbucket.  I thought
$1500 for a complete, relatively clean non-runner was a good deal.
          BUT: it'll probably cost you more than the purchase price to get it
going again, from experience!  Brakes are pricey, the heads are
PHENOMENALLY so if you need major work done, especially as many shops
have no CLUE as to how to do them and consequently ruin them. The little
bits and pieces add up fast.
        So if you want a project, this might be a good way to go.  If you want
a car to drive and enjoy, look to spend 4-6K and you'll be happier (and
richer!) in the end.
Toby