RE: 1600 rear end in a 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1600 rear end in a 2000
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:37:55 -0800
Don,

While the diff's are all H190 there are some significant differences.  The
axle spline diameter in the trucks is larger than the ones in the roadster.
 On open diff's the spider (Side) gears can be changed and everything is
OK.  On LSD's the situation is different since the axle goes into a side
gear that won't exchange with the ones in the roadster.  I suspect that the
availability of LSD type side gears is limited or non-existent.  The 66 to
72 520 and 521 pickups are similar to the roadster - not sure about 620 type.

It is unlikely that run of the mill pickups have LSD's.

Stan