Re: MSD Ignition!!

To: gboone@sisna.com, JeffnAly@aol.com
Subject: Re: MSD Ignition!!
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:13:54 EST
  There's a reason so many racers and performance teams use MSD...
  If you've ever been to a performance shop, check out the MSD tester display
they have sometimes...wicked crackle!  Made me jump the first time I saw it.
BTW, MSD6A at PAW are only $124.95, cheaper than anywhere I've found.
  Just to add a quick note, on my 3.2L 240Z my battery launched itself off
it's plate on a "really slow" turn one day...=)...anyways, the positive
terminal made contact with the body and POOF, fried the harness leading to the
alternator, burnt out the alternator, melted the line to my MSD 6A and burnt
out the box too.  The smell was gnarly, and made my eyes sting. I was just a
little bummed too...I called MSD and told them my story.  They fixed it for
only the cost of shipping it back to me! ($14) I was so impressed with their
customer support.  I've been running the MSD for over 2 years now and have had
no problems (I got a heavy duty battery hold down now..)

  Stan Wada