MSD Ignition!!

To: JeffnAly@aol.com
Subject: MSD Ignition!!
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:34:51 -0700
I've had an MSD 6A with the Blaster 2 coil and MSD plug wires in my 2L for about
10 years and have been pleased with it overall.  However, I strongly recommend
installing the plastic isolators (should come with the 6A control unit) on the
coil terminals.  They allow you to easily bypass the MSD control unit and switch
back to the stock ignition with the short jumper wires that come with the unit.
Carry the jumper wires with you in the event the control unit dies and learn how
to hook them up to make the switch.  My control unit died last summer and if
this
happens to you , your car will be down for the count if you can't switch back to
the stock system.  Luckily, MSD sold me a rebuilt 6AL control unit at a reduced
price, to minimize the pain.
Gary Boone
SRL311-13767