Cut those bump stops..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cut those bump stops..
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        This weekend at the BADROC gathering I learned something.
If you put on the NISMO front springs you had better cut down your
bump stops.  How did I miss this tidbit.  I have been driving around
with my fancy new suspension/shocks and hating the ride. It was bumpy and]
rough and I dont have any dental plan.
        Mike Young heard me griping about the ride quality and asked,"You
did cut down the bump stops didn't you??"..Uh bump stops...nope..
I stuck my hand under the car and could not fit my index finger between
the bump stop and frame!!!! The suspension had been bottoming out at
the slightest bump!!! Mike suggested cutting them in half. But that still
seems pretty shallow. How far can I cut them down??  What is the downside
if any to cutting them down??

        Thanks,
                Daniel 69 2000