Re: NGK

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NGK
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 99 14:04:17 CDT
Eric,

Laurie is correct on the plug ratings. No surprise as
she had worked the parts counter in years past.

I posted an item from Nissan's 1981 Tech Bulletin some
time back.  Recommended plugs are B6ES.

Personally I use the BP6ES (P=projected nose), the plug
tip will run a little cooler, so it is like going to a
cooler plug. Ideal for extended freeway runs.

If you go to "stop and go" commuting, the B6ES may work out
better.

If you are burning a little oil, or seem to be fauling the plugs,
a B5ES may work best.

"R" means resistive. If you run solid core wires, you'll need
the resistive plugs. If you run resistance core wires, no need
to run the resistive plugs. Mainly the Resistance is used to
supress the EMI noise, so you can hear your radio!

Cheers,

Tom Walter  '67 2000
Austin, TX  '68 2000