Re: my project boundary

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: my project boundary
From: "Jeanette Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 03:14:14 -0700
I have a top that looks like this, so I'll try to tell you how mine works
and you can see if it sounds right to you.
The two lower mounting bolts run through the top into two holes in the body,
just behind the seats. There are also a pair of "?" shaped bolts which
connect the rear rag-top clips (the little tear drop shaped things) to two
slotted brackets on the top. The hook end of the "?" has been flattened to
fit the clips, and bent up to the correct angle to meet the top properly.
The straight end of the "?" is threaded for a nut.  Be careful if you try to
make one of these hooks as it can break the clip on your car if it isn't
just right. At the windshield it connects with three "L" shaped hooks which
go into holes in the soft top latching points, and to three more slotted
brackets on the top. I sure wish I had one of those new cameras. I know a
picture is worth a thousand words.

Good luck,        Dave            SRL311-10444