To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: R
From: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 14:47:02 +0300
Hello again!

I have been reading what everyone has been saying about the dash gauge
differences between the 1500's and the 1600/2000's.  Interesting!

What strikes me is that the Mazda Miata, now the second largest volume
sports car sold in the world, made a specific issue of installing
simple, stark gauges - white on black - extremely basic.  When I walk
out into my garage and look at a 1500 parked next to the Miata and look
at the gauge pods and you have the sense that they are virtually
identical - and you know the cars are about 30 years in age apart - that
is really cool.

Then, I walk around the corner and look at the gauge pod on the '87
Morgan Plus 8 - yeah!  These folks all got this part right!

I know it is all a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Later,

Arlo Levisen
Revillo, South Dakota