Fwd: Tools

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Tools
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:09:43 EDT
--part1_afdfd329.25087ef7_boundary

Hello all,

     I am doing the floor of my garage/work shop/computer room with black and
white tile in a diagonal checker board pattern. I like it so far.

                         keith0alan@aol.com

--part1_afdfd329.25087ef7_boundary

Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 08:53:31 -0700
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
To: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>,
        "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tools
Sender: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Steve Harvey wrote:

> Hello all:
> Speaking of garages. Has anyone else got the goofy idea of painting the garage
> floor in a black and white square racing pattern? I've got the correct paint
> (Oil based floor paint) but don't know if it will look good when done. Any
>ideas
> or comments?
> Steve Harvey
> 1968 2000 solex
> 1970 1600/rotary (for sale soon)

Steve,
Do not use a single stage paint if your planning on painting using the garage
as a work area. Use a two stage (catalyst) paint, polyurethane or an epoxy
like Tom did. If you use a standard type paint. Gasoloine, solvents, and
other cleaners eat the piant right off. Then you have a bunch of bare spots
all over the surface.

Before painting use an oxalic acid mixture on the concrete surface to clean
it. Then pressure wash it if you can. I have my own pressure washer, so
I don't have to rent one. The pressure washer was one of the best tool
investments I ever made. Then wait a couple of days to let the moisture
thats in the concrete evaporate.Most good paint stores have a moisture
meter you can borrow.

When you paint the floor don't forget the stem walls. these are the small
concrete footings the framed wall sets on. Not all garages have them.
By painting these you can easily take a hose and wash the whole garage
floor.

While were on garages. I went to a party at house in the mountains above
Santa Barbara, CA. The owner had the floors and the walls carpeted.
He also had framed art all over the walls. This was home to his Ferraris.
Porsches, and his drag boat. Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of money!

Mike

--part1_afdfd329.25087ef7_boundary--