Re: hidden valley auto

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hidden valley auto
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:36:39 EDT
And oh boy, what a place this is ! When I first moved out here from Seattle,
my sweetie took me out for the day. Fancy restaurant? Movie? NO <G> He took
me out on a "hot date" to the wrecking yard ! (He understands my
"affliction<G>)

Where else in the world would you find such things as old Bluebirds, Ford
Taunus, and Citroen Mahari? (I think the place is actually the "lost 2CV
graveyard.") I was in "weird car heaven" !  Nothing in the place is much
newer than '70, and the import section is WILD! Their Roadster selection was
pretty poor, but there were a few shells. Pretty picked over - nothing
terribly usable left on them. Don't count on them for any plastic pieces
either, as you should see what sun will to such things as wiper & radiator
overflow bottles. Whoever says plastic doesn't degrade has never been to
AZ!!! The stuff just turns to dust. (ok.. yeah, in WA where I am from
everything just turns green<G>)

Next time I'm out there I will take notes (pictures perhaps?) for everyone.

Laurie :-)
'70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ