Gas tank blues:

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas tank blues:
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:48:34 -0600
I would like to comment on welding tanks as years ago I was told the
water trick doesn't work.  Water is H2O hydrogen  and oxygen and the
heat will seperate the gasses.   I would be affraid of the exhaust
method as there is enough fuel and air to burn that in the catalitic
converter.  The dry ice method might work since it is C02, the stuff
used in fire extinguishers.  But I think the best method would be to use
a shop experienced in this kind of work.  Just my 2 cents
worth.             Bill  66&67 spls in N.M.