Re: Panasports Wheels

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Panasports Wheels
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:31:42 -0500
>I got the 15's from CDM and 195x50x15 rubber fits quite nicely, with only a
>tiny bit of driver side / rear scrub on hard right turns - guess I'm OK for
>NASCAR, huh?  How can I tell if they are 'standard' or 'racing'?

The PanaSport Lites (racing) usually have "Not for highway use" or words
to effect engraved on the outer rims and are not DOT approved for street
use. I'm not sure of other differences, but it would be interesting to
know the weight difference between the road and race versions of the same
size wheel and if the weight differential is consistent from size to
size. CDM, K-Speed or Spruell should be able to provide that info.

I'm pretty sure we'll go with the Lites on the E/P car, not sure yet on
the street 510. I currently have Libres (copies, not ARE) in 13 by 7 and
13 by 5, along with a set of 13 by 5.5 chrome/black ARE modular style
wheels and a set of Corvair 13 by 5.5 rims. For the time being I'm going
to use the Corvair rims (freshly painted gloss black) with Baby Moons.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)