Re:Support for the Firewall support

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Support for the Firewall support
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:03:56 -0700
Before I knew of the
        (much-defended) brace of Stan, I attempted just this.  Took my mig and
welded up the visible cracks in the firewall, and made a brace that
transfers the braking load from the lower stud to the horizontal bit of
the firewall.  It works fine.  Took a bit of work, and looks homemade,
but so far the cracks haven't reappeared, and I don't see much M/C
deflection.
        So, yes, you can do it yourself and 'save'.  But the original Nissan
design is flawed, so you'd have to really beef up the steel to get it to
be strong enough without some sort of bracing to a more- rigid bit of
the car...
Toby