Wiring Problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Problem
From: Joanne Sweeny <jasweeny@houston.quik.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:55:54 -0500
I need help.  We installed a radio in my 1968 1600 today. After hooking
the antenna wire to the back of the radio it blew a fuse (third one from
the top).  Tried a couple more, blew instantly.  Knew we had a wire
grounded somewhere.  We discovered that while trying to pull the antenna
wire back of the console to hook to the radio, four wires were pulled
loose from the flasher assembly back of the flasher knob (which is the
bottom knob) . Now I have no horn, head lights or turn signals.  Problem
is we don't know which wire goes to which on back of the flasher
assembly.  Does anyone have a color coded schematic showing the correct
connections?

Thanks for any help.  Anxious to get back on the road.  The weather in
Texas has been really nice the last few days (for a change -- man it's
been hot).  Just knew I was going to be cruising and listening to my new
radio tonight.

Jo Anne Sweeny