Re: 69 srl fifth gear

To: "Dennis Desmond" <lilden@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: 69 srl fifth gear
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:25:26 -0700
It's quite possible that your friend's 69 SRL has the earlier 5 speed. This
unit was (and still is) infamous for it's unsplined 5th gear.

Fortunately, this can be repaired by having the gear modified. Unfortunately
(I believe) you have to pull the engine/transmission to get at it.

I had thought that Nissan had repaired this "bug" by then but they where
known to use what parts that were on-hand to build our cars.

I maybe wrong. Everyone else will help too I'm sure.

Victor
Los Angeles