Re: 69 srl fifth gear

To: "Dennis Desmond" <lilden@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: 69 srl fifth gear
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:55:55 -0700
Dennis,

The fix for unsplined 5th gears that slip is to weld them.  It takes a
skilled welder with the correct equipment and rod to do the job correctly.
Sometimes even the splined gears separate because the staking becomes
loose.  If the gear is worn or the syncho teeth are worn or damaged it is
best to replace the gear.

I get them done for $30-$35.

A new 5th gear is about $205

Stan