Re: 1st gear getting 'funny' (oops kinda long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: 1st gear getting 'funny' (oops kinda long)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:33:39 -0700
Hi Daniel,

You answered your own question! She wore down the clutch disk by SLIIIDING
it. You need to get underneath the clutch slave cylinder, and adjust the
rod so it has about 1/8 inch of play in the clutch yoke. 1st gear should be
okay after this.

Same thing happened when my daughter drove a clutch first time a couple weeks
ago. She must have killed the engine a dozen times. Hard to learn that you gotta
press that clutch before stopping the car!

Fred - So.SF