66 U20 transplant changes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 66 U20 transplant changes
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:57:03 -0700
My congratulations to Leigh "Shifty" Brooks on getting his car running
before mine! I'll see you at the Fog Fest car show this weekend (hopefully
I'll be with a '66 2000).

Yesterday, I pulled the 1600 from my '66, and went to work cleaning up the
engine bay. There were four things that I knew needed to be done for the
2000 transplant, from what other transplant artists told me. One was the
tunnel brace. Cut that out, it was a snap. Second was the inner fender well
had no clearance for the air filter. Hammered that out, again a snap. Third
was to cut a new hole for the shifter, more towards the dash. Piece of
cake. Fourth is to lower the trans mount, which is no problem.

Then I found out there is a fifth item! The 1600 alternator is on a
different side than the 2000 alternator, and the cases are different. I
figure on unravelling the wiring harness tape so I can move the voltage
regulator and alternator connector to the other side.

The question is, will the '66 1600 alternator connector match up to the '68
2000 alternator? And without blowing up the voltage regulator?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Fred - So.SF
'66 2000 (hopefully this week)