Re: 66 U20 transplant changes

To: "Jim Tyler" <jtyler29@idt.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 66 U20 transplant changes
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 01:08:15 -0700
Jim, thanks for confirming! But I already unraveled the harness tape, and
took apart the alternator to confirm the wiring setup. Good thing I did, as
the four wires going into the case were frayed, and close to shorting each
other out. The insulation was gone for 1/4 inch just outside the case! The
15/16 inch nut on the pulley is a bear to get off, took about 70 ft-lbs.
Now to clean the grimy rusty yucky case!

Fred - So.SF

----------
> From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: 66 U20 transplant changes
> Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 8:44 PM
>
> Leave the regulator where it is.  Un tape enough of the harness to double
back the alternator
> wires to the left side, then tape it up neatly (or untape it all the way
back and shorten them).
> The connector is a direct fit, it will work perfectly assuming no P.O.
monkey business!

> Jim Tyler

Third